Snow Emergencies in Place for Conshohocken and West Conshohocken
Both Conshohocken and West Conshohocken have declared snow emergencies due to the forecast for what could end up being more than six inches of snow. Here are the announcements:
From Mayor Bob Frost of Conshohocken:
The Mayor, in his discretion, has declared a snow emergency to exist within the Borough effective February 9, 2017 beginning at midnight and continuing through 3:00 pm on Thursday, February 9, 2017.
The following acts shall be unlawful, and shall be punishable as provided under law:
- To park a motor vehicle or to allow that vehicle to remain parked anywhere on any snow emergency route so duly designated; or
- To drive any motor vehicle on any such snow emergency route, unless that vehicle is equipped with snow tires or chains.
As a result of the impending snow storm forecasted for the morning of Thursday, 2/9, please be advised that no cones, lawn chairs or any other property or device are to be used to hold or reserve parking spaces during the storm. The Borough street crew WILL NOT stop to remove any property or device used to reserve a space, which may result in property being plowed over. If the Borough is closed trash will be picked up on your next scheduled trash pick up date. All questions should be directed to the Director of Public Services, Ray Sokolowski at 610-828-1092 x106
As a result of the impending snow storm forecasted for the morning of Thursday, 2/9, the Borough staff would like to take this opportunity to remind property owners of the following provisions of the Borough Ordinance related to snow and ice removal, please know:
- Property owners must remove snow and ice from public sidewalks for a width of 36” within 24 hours of the end of the snowfall.
- No person in removing snow or ice from public sidewalks may shovel, throw, plow or otherwise move snow or ice into the public street.
- No person may move snow and ice from the public street in front of his or her property to another portion of public street fronting another property.
All questions should be directed to the Director of Engineering, Licenses & Inspections, Paul Hughes at 610-828-1092 x116
From Mayor Joseph Pignoli of West Conshohocken (who loves using all caps):
UPDATE IMMEDIATE RELEASE
A WINTER STORM WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR OUR AREA
WITH THIS NEW INFORMATION FROM THE NATIONAL WEATHER FORCAST FOR 6 INCHES OR MORE OF SNOW I HAVE DECLARED A SNOW EMERGENCY STARTING TODAY AT 6;PM TILL 9;AM FRIDAY MORNING FEBUARY 10TH. NOTICES WILL BE DELIVERED TO ALL RESIDENTS ON SNOW EMERGENCY STREETS IN OUR BOROUGH
THIS WILL BE A HEAVY WET SNOW STORM WITH GUSTY WINDS AND A PERIOD OF SNOW 2 INCHES AN HOUR PLEASE STAY SAFE I WILL POST ANY UPDATES AS NEEDD
Our Public Works Department, Fire Department and Police will be ready to handle any Emergency's during this storm
And if you are wondering if you should go to the store, here is the scene at the Giant at the Metroplex at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday night: