State Rep. Mary Jo Daley, D-Montgomery, will host a “Women’s Health Day” on Thursday, January 30th from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at her constituent service office located at 815 Fayette Street, Suite 200, in Conshohocken.
Daley said the Fox Chase Cancer Center will provide breast cancer screenings through their Mobile Mammography Van, the PA Breast Cancer Coalition will offer information on their services for patients, families, and survivors, and The Women’s Center of Montgomery County will offer information on domestic violence and healthy relationships.
Mammograms will be offered from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. but are by appointment only, so Daley invites eligible women to call her office at (610) 832-1679 to schedule a time.
Requirements for screening are as follows:
· Must be 40 or older;
· Must provide the name and address of at least one doctor;
· Must have a prescription from your doctor;
· Must not be breast-feeding or have breast fed within the last nine months;
· Must not have had a breast cancer diagnosis within the past two years;
· Must not be under treatment for breast cancer; and
· Must not have had a mammogram within the last year.
“Preventive health care is an integral part of effective health care, and this type of screening is proven to save lives,” Daley said. “I urge any woman who qualifies for this important health care service to contact my office immediately, so we can set the process in motion.”