The Borough of Conshohocken recently constructed a walking track around the football field at A. A. Garthwaite Stadium at East 11th and Harry Street.
The track opened on Monday, July 10th to the public. The rules governing the track are as follows:
- The gate will be opened at approximately 7:00 a.m. and will be closed at dusk
- The Harry Street vehicle gate will be open allowing strollers to enter the facility
- The back gate on Hallowell Street will also be open, which is adjacent to a parking lot
- On weekdays, restrooms will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Restrooms will not be available on the weekend
- The track will not be open on holidays
- The field lights will not be utilized or turned on
- Signs will be posted to explain the A-Field Operations
- If a practice is occurring on the field, the track will remain open for public use
- If there is a game or the facility is rented for an event, the track will be closed for public use
At a meeting of Borough Council earlier in the month there was a discussion on these rules and that after a few weeks of operation they may be adjusted based on how things go.
Photo: Ron Adelberg