Riverbend Cycles sent out an email today announcing that it will close its doors on January 5th. From January 2nd to January 5th the bike shop is offering 40% off all bikes and 50% off everything else.
In addition to the bike shop, Riverbend Cycles also operates two cafes, one adjacent to the bike shop near the Spring Mill Train Station and one at the Outbound Station building near the Conshohocken Train Station. Both cafes are closing as well. Riverbend Cycles opened in 2015. It opened the second cafe in May of 2019.
This will make the third and fourth cafe to close in Conshohocken over the past 12 months. The Outbound Station closed near the end of 2018. Tradestone/Grove Cafe closed somewhat recently. That leaves ‘feine, Brunch and the just-opened Nudy’s Cafe.
The building that Riverbend Cycles has made its home is known as the Miller’s House. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1989. It is owned by the same company that owns the Courts at Spring Mill Station apartments that are adjacent to the property.
The Outbound Station building was built in 1910 and initially served as a train station.