Montgomery County officials announced today during a press conference that there have been 159 new positive cases of Coronavirus. Five of the 159 are inmates at the Montgomery County Correctional Facility.
There have been an additional 31 deaths confirmed since yesterday. This is a much higher daily number than usual. County Commissioner Dr. Val Arkoosh stated that the 31 deaths took place over multiple days and reporting is not always consistent. The total number of confirmed deaths due to Coronavirus countywide is now 275. The probable death total, those not confirmed with a lab test, is at 145.
In Montgomery County, there are 90 long-term care facilities reporting at least one positive test result. There are 1,114 cases involving residents and 449 staff members. Not all residents and staff members have an official residence in Montgomery County. 230 out of 275 confirmed deaths due to Coronavirus tie back to a long-term care facility. 112 out of the 145 probable deaths due as well.
Locally the numbers are as follows:
- Conshohocken is at 29 cases, which is one more than yesterday
- There have been zero deaths overall in Conshohocken
- Whitemarsh is at 111 cases, which is two more than yesterday
- There have been 10 deaths overall in Whitemarsh, which is one more than yesterday
- Plymouth is at 80 cases, which is three more than yesterday
- There have been three deaths overall in Plymouth
- West Conshohocken has four cases, which is the same as yesterday
- There have been zero deaths in West Conshohocken
You can view the latest data from the county here.
You can watch today’s press conference below: