Construction of the Conshohocken Rowing Center is in the initial stages down at the river front. The rowing center will be built directly behind the Riverwalk apartment complex on Washington Street. The center will house rowing programs for Malvern Prep, the Haverford School and the community.
If you live or use the river front as a place to walk, etc., here is the letter that Riverwalk sent its residents that details how the construction will proceed:
As many of you may (or may not) have noticed, the Township of Conshohocken has started construction on the new row house slated to open to the public by January 2014. The row house is being built on the now grassy area behind the pool /clubhouse along the river. Because Riverwalk at Millennium neither owns nor controls this land, there is very little we know about specific details of the construction plans, however, we did meet with the Project Manager yesterday in an effort to obtain as much detail as possible so we can keep our residents fully informed of how this will affect the community. Some brief details gathered are as follows:
- Construction will begin as early as Township ordinances allow which will generally commence at 8am and continue through until 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. There are a few occasions where they will need to work on a Saturday.
- Parking for our residents will NOT be affected. Their crew will have a separate staging area off of Cherry Street where they will utilize parking for their construction crew. Once the row house opens, parking for the public will be created along the walking path opposite our own resident parking.
- The fenced area where construction has been cordoned off is a NO PARKING ZONE (on either side) due to the need to now create a fire zone (there will be signs posted along the length of a fence). If a fire truck needs access to this area and there are cars along this fence, they can be ticketed and/or towed by the city at the owner’s sole expense. In case of an emergency, we were told the fire truck will not hesitate to clear the obstruction (i.e. a vehicle) irrespective of damage caused.
- Construction is now in its staging phase; the bulk of the work is slated to commence as of the first week in July.
- The row house will be approximately 120 feet wide and 35 feet in height. The row house center will be centered with our pool.
- The construction crew will be gaining access to the lot by way of Cherry Street.
As of now, this is all the information that has been shared with us. Their Project Manager will be sharing construction schematics with us shortly which we will then share with you. As information is passed along to us, we will consistently share it with you. We apologize for the inconvenience this project may cause. There is very little control we have over their plans and can only try to make the best out of this situation which means consistent follow up and communication with the Township/construction team.