Plymouth Whitemarsh High School’s Class of 2019 graduated last week. Below are some facts about the class provided by the school district:
- More than one third of the class, or 37 percent, will graduate with a cumulative grade point average of 4.0 or higher.
- More than 86 percent are continuing their education, 71.7 percent to a four-year school and 14.8 percent at a two-year school.
- Nine students are enlisting in the military.
- Members of the PWHS Class of 2019 are receiving scholarships and grants totaling more than $18 million over four years.
- The class includes two National Merit Scholarship Finalists, three Commended Scholars and three National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholars.
- The most popular girl’s name is Ashley (there are six).
- There are six boys named David, Matthew, and Nicholas, making it a three-way tie for the most popular boy’s name.
- The Class of 2019 has eight sets of twins and one set of triplets.
- Twenty-eight student-athletes have signed to continue competing in college.
- Twenty students will be going directly into the workforce.
You can watch the ceremony below:
Photo: Colonial School District