Warehouse Associate Positions Available!
*1st Shift: 8AM – 4:30PM
*2nd Shift: 2:30PM – 11PM – 10% shift premium
*Overtime daily on each shift*
Rumsey is a dynamic, employee-owned electrical distribution company serving Eastern PA, NJ, DE and MD. In existence for over 100 years, Rumsey provides a competitive salary and benefits package, along with diverse opportunities for long term career development. Opportunities at Rumsey encompass a variety of skill sets and experience levels. The Rumsey team consists of over 250 employee owners that thrive in a fast-paced customer service environment. Rumsey just may be the company you’ve been looking for!
• Stock ownership
• 401(k) with employer matching
• Life and Disability Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
We have an opening for a Warehouse Associate reporting to the Logistics Supervisor based out of our Conshohocken location. This individual will be responsible for supporting the materials management function of the logistics department and indirectly supporting the overall sales function.
The essential functions are the tasks, duties and responsibilities that are critical to the job; the employee must be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Pick orders accurately and promptly using a bar code scanner.
• Pack orders; follow all steps of inspection procedure before packing.
• Receive inventory accurately and promptly.
• Restock inventory in designated storage areas in an orderly manner.
• Safely and accurately cut designated lengths of wire.
• Accurately identify and count inventory in assigned areas.
• Truck loading and unloading according to established procedures.
• Maintain quality and quantity performance/production standards.
• Operate forklifts and pallet trucks safely to lift and transport material.
• Participate in ongoing general housekeeping of warehouse.
• Participate in safety initiatives as assigned, including participation on the company Safety Committee.
• Check assigned equipment for proper operation/functionality and communicate problems to Lead Warehouse Associate or Supervisor.
• Follow safe work habits and established safety procedures.
• Attend meetings and training sessions.
• Other warehouse tasks as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Ability to use standard office equipment, including but not limited to computerized bar code scanner, printer, and standard warehouse equipment/tools/machines/vehicles.
• Ability to frequently lift/move up to 50lbs.
• Ability to stand/walk/lift, pull, and push during entire work shift.
• Ability to climb stair/step ladders up to 16 steps.
• Previous experience and training in the use of a forklift truck.
• Ability to read alpha-numeric characters, including catalog numbers, and instructions.
• Basic math and reasoning skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and through the direction of a direct Supervisor or Lead Warehouse Associate.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Strong oral communication skills.
• Know when to request assistance when appropriate, especially when lifting heavy objects.
If you meet the criteria outlined above, we encourage you to apply. Visit our website to complete an application: http://www.rumsey.com/jobs
Rumsey Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under the applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.rumsey.com.