Montgomery County officials announced today that there are 76 new cases in the county, which brings the total overall to 2,199. There have been 11 additional deaths, which brings the total countywide to 120.
Here are the local numbers:
- Conshohocken is at 15 cases, which is the same as yesterday
- There have been zero deaths in Conshohocken
- Whitemarsh is at 61 cases, which is the same as yesterday
- There have been two deaths overall in Whitemarsh
- Plymouth is at 50 cases, which is the same as yesterday
- There have been three deaths overall in Plymouth
- West Conshohocken has two cases, which is the same as yesterday
- There have been zero deaths in West Conshohocken
Yesterday we reported that long-term care facilities in the county are a hotspot. County Commissioner Dr. Val Arkoosh clarified what the numbers meant that were released yesterday. If someone is in a long-term care facility in Montgomery County, but has a residence in another county, that person’s positive test result or death is counted towards their resident county, not where the facility is located. The same goes for staff.
The latest data regarding long-term care facilities and positive tests is 447 residents and 289 staff members have tested positive. Again, not all are counted in the overall 2,199 countywide total. 77 of the 120 deaths resulting from Coronavirus, and are counted as Montgomery County residents, can be tied to a long-term facility. That is 64% of the deaths overall.
You can find the latest data from the county here.
You can watch today’s press conference below: